IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

PoPLA evidence - What to submit

Options
2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    I will give this as a reference thread.

May I make a suggestion? When you bring out a revised version, why not alter any previous versions to read UPDATED - PLEASE SEE POST #XX so that people only have the latest version to work with?

And do keep bumping weekly!

I have this one and a thread by Guy's Dad as a reference thread in my normal 'look here's how to do a POPLA appeal' post:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=62180281&posted=1

So hopefully newbies are seeing this thread regularly even though it's not a sticky.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • geordie_ben
    geordie_ben Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning

If I'm submitting my first appeal to the NtK letter, can I use the above template?
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    I think this thread relates to POPLA stage. Your first appeal to the PPC doesn't need to be anywhere near as detailed as what this thread contains. The premise being for the PPC to reject your appeal (which they likely will regardless) and so get a POPLA code. :)
  • martmonk
    martmonk Posts: 863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning

If I'm submitting my first appeal to the NtK letter, can I use the above template?

GB - no this is for POPLA appeals.

start your own thread so that you get the right advice.

Do some reading first on the first few pages and the stickys.

Include in your first post the name of the parking company, the date of the alleged 'offence', whether you received a windscreen ticket or not, the date of the NtK, whether the car park was in Scotland.

Might be useful to also name the car park as others might have specific experience.
  • Zoe_smith
    Zoe_smith Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, custard pie.

I am new to this forum.

I have just been reading some threads and your comments have helped me understand a little better.

I have appealed my PCN to the company on the PCN. They have refused my appeal. It states that if I wish to appeal again I would need to do so to Poplar, however if I am not successful my fine will double.

Can I use your template above to appeal to Poplar? Also I could not find the company on BPA or IPC list.

I'm concerned I have left myself open to a scam.

Many thanks

Zoe
  • Zoe_smith
    Options
    Also what does PCC and NTK mean?

Sorry I'm new to this.

thanks
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    start a new thread please

blue NEW THREAD button top left near the green banner on the main forum

add the name of the PPC (company) too, so we know who we are dealing with

then READ the NEWBIES sticky thread just below the green banner

one post has all the acronyms explained in there ( post #2 ? )
  • Zoe_smith
    Options
    Sorry

I can't see the new thread button
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    edited 24 April 2015 at 1:32PM
    Options
    go to the main forum (parking tickets, fines and parking), look near the top just above the green banner line

its there , plus its also on the bottom left of the page too , next to the footer green line
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,604 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, custard pie.

I am new to this forum.

I have just been reading some threads and your comments have helped me understand a little better.

Custard Pie hasn't been near here for almost 12 months.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family