Trial period and rights....

Options
Hi all

I am asking about this for a friend (honestly! :) and wonder if anyone has any information.

History - In Dec 12, she was suspended from her post whilst an investigation was undertaken.

Whilst suspended, a consultation began about the section of the LA she worked in.

Result of consultation was that she would be made redundant wef 01.04.2013

April - the investigation found a verbal warning was sufficient and she was re-instated but had no job to go to!

She was kept in the dept for a while whilst HR worked out what to do and 8 weeks ago, she applied for and accepted a trial period in another role.

So she hasn't been happy there but HR have not specified when the trial period ended. She has now asked about taking redundancy and they are saying that the employer feels the trial has worked well and so she would not be given any redundancy but would have to leave with nothing, after 20 years service. HR have now said they would like to extend the trial another 4 weeks.

info on .gov says that a 4 week trial is all but if she wasn't made aware of this, nor given any information about it, and if they want to extend it, does she have any rights at all?
I currently manage a Housing Benefit service and have been working in Housing / council tax benefit (as was) since 2001.

All views expressed in my posts are my own opinions and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure