IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye LBA

Options
2»

Comments

• zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Do not wait for PE to send their template reply following the LBA; there may be no such template now. They have switched tactics - going by other threads I have read - and that LBCCC is their latest offering and you haven't responded to it yet.

I agree with this.....

It seems that PE have changed tack, and are now sending out this LBCCA instead of the aggressive 'stinky template letter' that they were sending out before. The LBCCA still doesn't comply with the PD (despite them saying it does) so basically, they have not read your earlier letter, and they have just sent a template letter which is just a watered down version of the earlier template letter - and tells you nothing.

So the important thing is to keep the correspondence going and don't miss the deadline for replying (usually 14 days).

So in essence the advice remains the same - write back to them, acknowledge their LBCCA, point out that it does not address the issues that you raised in your earlier letter and repeat your request for the information. Confirm that once they have provided the information requested you will prepare a formal Response, in accordance with the guidance contained in the Practice Direction Annex A, para 3, and you will forward this document to them within 30 days. Remind them that they must properly complete the steps set out in the Practice Direction before starting proceedings, and also remind them of the court's powers to sanction them for non-compliance under para 4 of the PD.

Also if you go to the last post on the LBA Guidance Thread, you will find links to two threads where this has been discussed and responses suggested.

I am not posting much at the moment, but I will update the Guidance Thread shortly to take account of this development.

Daisy
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • razar
    razar Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Update.
    Today I received a copy of my latest letter from PE.
    Quote...

" Dear Sir/Madam,

We refer to the parking charge incurred on 24 January 2013 at 15.32, at Swadlingcote Retail Park.

We can confirm that this charge has been cancelled and there is no outstanding payment due on this account.

Kind Regards

ParkingEye Team"

No mention of my last two letters to them but this was a result of an email I sent to the PA to the Chief Executive & Leader of the Council South Derbyshire District Council.

She forwarded my email to Knight Frank for their intervention.
    In her email she said "We would be grateful if you could kindly assist, as you have with previous requests.
    We hope that this will be the last of the outstanding remittances."

So I think this reinforces the advice to email anyone relevant to your case in the hope that one will take the time to read it and make an effort to help.
    No point at all trying to appeal to the good nature of the "ParkingEye Team"

Thanks to all who gave me advice and encouragement on here and good luck to everyone in a similar situation.
    There is light at the end of the tunnel
    Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.
    Give a man a bank and he can rob everyone!
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    Options
    WELL DONE.....

No doubt when Coupon-Mad sees this, you will find a place in her Hall of Fame

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4766249

Daisy
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done razar, you join the Hall of Fame sticky thread of successful complaints!

:T
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure