🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Aqua - earnt £100, can i close now?

Options
Hi All

i have now earnt £100, the max cashback on the Aqua card. Can I now close or do i have to wait til the end of the year to have cashback credited? im guessing they wont send a cheque for it :-)

i am now using Amex Platinum cashback so it's surplus to requirements

Thanks

Comments

• aleph_0
    aleph_0 Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jay87 wrote: »
    Hi All

i have now earnt £100, the max cashback on the Aqua card. Can I now close or do i have to wait til the end of the year to have cashback credited? im guessing they wont send a cheque for it :-)

i am now using Amex Platinum cashback so it's surplus to requirements

Thanks

Whilst I can't remember offhand, you can earn another £100 in account year 2, don't you? So you could just keep it ticking along with a transaction every month or two, and awaken it next year.
  • jay87
    jay87 Posts: 152 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply

Thats good , i didn't think of that. will do that then
    Options
    i see they arent taking new apps for the cashback version aswell, so may be one to keep
    Options
    I think you probably have to keep the account open for a year or the cashback will be forfeit - that's how the Amex card works and I assume the Aqua will be the same. Why not just read the T&C or call them and ask?
  • mrmajika
    mrmajika Posts: 987 Forumite
    Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lazyloki wrote: »
    I think you probably have to keep the account open for a year or the cashback will be forfeit - that's how the Amex card works and I assume the Aqua will be the same,

That's exactly it. The £100 credits your account on your next statement after the year's anniversary of opening the card.

I'll max the cashback this month, then retire the card again until July 2014, when, I hope, the cashback will continue for year 3.
    Whilst my posts do not constitute financial advice, I am always, without fail, 100% right! :D
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you close the account within 12 months of opening it you still get the £100 (or however much you've earned) - they send you a cheque on the 12 month anniversary of having opened it.

But as above, might as well leave it open and earn more in year 2 :o
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • jay87
    Options
    great thanks guys!

just looked and my card was issued 07/12 so am due some nice cashback on this months statement!

July's statement said cashback earnt £100

Will keep the card for next year, i hope this offer continues :-)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure