IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC 2nd Parking Charge received....

Options
My boyfriend, who works at a hospital in London and stays in hospital accomodation, uses my car when required to travel for work to other hospitals (he sometimes need to go to Manchester or Blackburn, thus easier by car) and park the car upon his return in the resident's car park controlled by UKPC using a visitor's badge (until I pick the car from him). As the car is registered in my name, UKPC told him that he cannot get a resident's permit. The visitor's badge is valid for a month and they issue him one on a monthly basis.

I received a letter issued on 31.07.2013 for a parking fine for the 01.07.2013 on 01.08.2013.

I called them and explained that my boyfriend lives in that block of flat and there was a valid visitor's badge displayed in the car. They asked me to send them a copy of it online and till date no response.

I have today ( 10.08.2013) received another ticket issued on 08.08.2013 for a parking charge for the 08.07.2013

This is when I googled UKPC and found a number of threads.

There were no tickets on the car and I seem to recall that they have 15 days to notify me otherwise it is not a valid ticket.

I plan to appeal again and send them a copy of the visitor's badge but this time wants to include that these 2 tickets are not valid as I received them a month after.

Am I doing a mistake by appealing?

I was so annoyed and scared when I received the first ticket and my first instinct was to get it sorted asap.

Now reading all the posts, it seems that I might have done the wrong thing but I have also read about the change in law last year.

Should I explain about my boyfriend again or just tell them that I had a valid visitor's badge.

Thank you for your help beforehand.....

Comments

• albaredz
    albaredz Posts: 51 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You're doing the right thing by appealing; when they respond to your appeals the PPCs should include a code which will act as your POPLA appeal - that is where you will be able to nullify their tickets.

If they don't, then when you next respond to them ask for a POPLA code so you can begin your proper appeal. The experienced posters here will help you draft a winning appeal.
  • Naya
    Naya Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks... I'll appeal again and my bf is going to see the housing association again tomorrow... fingers cross....
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,666 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Naya wrote: »
    My boyfriend, who works at a hospital in London and stays in hospital accomodation, uses my car when required to travel for work to other hospitals (he sometimes need to go to Manchester or Blackburn, thus easier by car) and park the car upon his return in the resident's car park controlled by UKPC using a visitor's badge (until I pick the car from him). As the car is registered in my name, UKPC told him that he cannot get a resident's permit. The visitor's badge is valid for a month and they issue him one on a monthly basis.

I received a letter issued on 31.07.2013 for a parking fine for the 01.07.2013 on 01.08.2013.

I called them and explained that my boyfriend lives in that block of flat and there was a valid visitor's badge displayed in the car. They asked me to send them a copy of it online and till date no response.

I have today ( 10.08.2013) received another ticket issued on 08.08.2013 for a parking charge for the 08.07.2013

This is when I googled UKPC and found a number of threads.

There were no tickets on the car and I seem to recall that they have 15 days to notify me otherwise it is not a valid ticket.

I plan to appeal again and send them a copy of the visitor's badge but this time wants to include that these 2 tickets are not valid as I received them a month after.

Am I doing a mistake by appealing?

I was so annoyed and scared when I received the first ticket and my first instinct was to get it sorted asap.

Now reading all the posts, it seems that I might have done the wrong thing but I have also read about the change in law last year.

Should I explain about my boyfriend again or just tell them that I had a valid visitor's badge.

Thank you for your help beforehand.....

Make sure you do challenge the postal Notices straight away in writing, like this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=62827554

No more phone calls, no more asking for evidence that a PCN was on the windscreen, nor sending a copy of a visitor's permit, as that is not an 'appeal'. You need to APPEAL to get a POPLA code out of the scammers for each fake PCN; see the linked thread.

Post back when you get a POPLA code for the first one (or several codes). We can help you get these cancelled but you will need to read up on POPLA appeals in advance - read any threads on the first few pages! - and you must be certain your letter has specifically included at least one appeal point, or you will miss your deadline.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Naya
    Options
    Thanks Coupon-mad....has received another 2 tickets...
    Has not been online for some time, will read your post and send a written appeal tomorrow...

Cheers
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,666 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Coupon-mad....has received another 2 tickets...
    Has not been online for some time, will read your post and send a written appeal tomorrow...

Cheers

So send one appeal letter with all ticket numbers written at the top of the letter and when you have set out your challenge finish it by saying you need a POPLA code for each ticket by return unless they cancel them.

Have you got ANY POPLA codes yet? If so then read the forum to learn how to draft a strong, winning POPLA appeal (which is not about the permit or what happened...).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Naya
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Have you got ANY POPLA codes yet? If so then read the forum to learn how to draft a strong, winning POPLA appeal (which is not about the permit or what happened...).

Hi, I have today received a letter for my first appeal and there is a POPLA appeal form but I cannot see any code.

On the letter, it also states that if I pay the charge in 35 days, it will be at a reduced rate of £15, but if I appeal to POPLA and lose, I will have to pay £160.

They said that the Appeals Manager has personally reviewed my case, considered carefully the various points I raised and in their view the Parking Charge has been correctly issued.

I have in total 4 tickets, what do I do now? Do I write back and asked for a POPLA code again?

Thanks
    Marie
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    I have in total 4 tickets, what do I do now? Do I write back and asked for a POPLA code again?
    Check the letter carefully. Is there a 10-digit number lurking somewhere with no reference to what it is? If so, that's probably the POPLA code, and you can both complain to the BPA Ltd and include in your POPLA appeal the fact that they are attempting to hide the code from you.

Oh, and you do realise when they say "the Appeals Manager has personally reviewed my case, considered carefully the various points I raised," what they mean is the office junior has applied the default action, which is to reject the appeal. And the reduced rate is just a bribe, where a successful POPLA appeal will result in a 100% discount.
  • Naya
    edited 2 September 2013 at 7:09PM
    Options
    Check the letter carefully. Is there a 10-digit number lurking somewhere with no reference to what it is? If so, that's probably the POPLA code, and you can both complain to the BPA Ltd and include in your POPLA appeal the fact that they are attempting to hide the code from you.

Thanks...I have checked the letter again and found the code at the bottom of the POPLA form.

I have just read that if I would have stated who the driver was, i would lose my POPLA appeal, is that so? I did explain in my first appeal that it was my bf driving the car. I initially thought it was going to be a straight forward case until I checked the forum.

Have I damaged my chances of getting the tickets cancelled?

In the other 3 appeals, I did not mention who was driving. Can I go to the accomodation office and talk to them as they are the ones who issue the visitor's badge.

Thanks beforehand for any help....
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    They're talking rubbish. The driver OR the registered keeper can appeal and appeal to POPLA. Who said you would lose you POPLA appeal.

If you have named the driver for any of the tickets, UKPC really should be pursuing him from them on. So, for that ticket only, reply to UKPC telling them that you have discharged your responsibility as keeper of the vehicle in providing them the name and address of the driver, and therefore under POFA 2012, they can no longer pursue you.

And don't tell them who the driver was for any of the other tickets.
  • Naya
    Options
    They're talking rubbish. The driver OR the registered keeper can appeal and appeal to POPLA. Who said you would lose you POPLA appeal.

If you have named the driver for any of the tickets, UKPC really should be pursuing him from them on. So, for that ticket only, reply to UKPC telling them that you have discharged your responsibility as keeper of the vehicle in providing them the name and address of the driver, and therefore under POFA 2012, they can no longer pursue you.

And don't tell them who the driver was for any of the other tickets.

I am so sorry to be a pain....unfortunately my dear bf cannot appeal as he is abroad completing an observership and by the time he'll be back, the 35 days will be over. So I will have to appeal to POPLA myself. :sad:

I am trying to view a UKPC: POPLA letter but seem to find those of car parks....will do some more digging, draft something and post here before sending. What are the legal clauses to quote as I believe law governing a resident car park will be different to a car park.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure