Amazon delivery to BFPO

Options
Hi,

I'm currently serving at BFPO 767 and tried to order a rechargeable toothbrush from Amazon. They have refused the order stating that because the toothbrush contains a Lithium Ion battery it is classed as dangerous and therefore they will only deliver it to the UK mainland.
I've checked the restrictions on the BFPO website, as well as with Royal Mail and Parcelforce and it seems that Lithium Ion batteries can be posted as long as they are contained within the device.

Has anyone else serving at a BFPO had any issues getting deliveries containing batteries? As I'm only OOA for a few months it isn't too much of a hardship, but I would imagine it could be pretty inconvenient for anyone posted overseas for a few years.

Comments

• Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello,

The rules are set out here - BFPO Prohibited Items

Your item would be hand sorted at the BFPO Sorting Office, where it would have been rejected. It might have been marked as "Contains Lithium Batteries" where its been rejected purely on that, or they may have opened the parcel to find that the batteries are transported in the packaging but outside of the toothbrush.

If you think this is funny, try sending some deodorant or even some insect spray. They cant sent it by air, so it takes 4-6 weeks to arrive as it comes by container ship.

If you really want it, it would send it home then have it sent in a shoe box, just you want have the BFPO Vat Refund. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure