We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

covering preformed pond edge

Hi there

I have just installed a Berumda Beach pre formed pond liner made from polyethylene. I want put beach cobbles around the lip but don't know what will stick them down. I plan on sealing between the stones with silicon sealant, would that stick them down too ?

Thanks xdx
xxxdxxx

With compassision, good manners, kindness and dignity as your ticket you will travel far in life.

Comments

  • wellused
    wellused Posts: 1,678 Forumite
    I don't know how well silicon would fare outdoors in the long cold winter could you cement them down?
  • Thanks well used I could get some, I just want to use the best thing for them to stick well to the plastic. I wondered if the cement would leach any chemicals into the water.

    xdx
    xxxdxxx

    With compassision, good manners, kindness and dignity as your ticket you will travel far in life.
  • wellused
    wellused Posts: 1,678 Forumite
    As it will only be a thin layer of cement I wouldn't have thought that it would do much harm unless you have some very valuable/sensitive fish in the pond that is.
  • Nothing special so I will try that. Thank you so much

    xdx
    xxxdxxx

    With compassision, good manners, kindness and dignity as your ticket you will travel far in life.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.