Redundant - when do I apply for JSA?

Options
I've been made redundant, last working day 30/8/13.

At what point can I apply for JSA? Have looked at the online application which asks about current employment and am worried I am trying to apply too early.

Do I wait till my first day of unemployment then fill it in?

Not sure I'll get anything as only been employed for 6 months, previously self employed but I'd like to know whether I'll have the JSA as a fallback as I'm struggling to find alternative work and time is not on my side!
:j July '08 wins: £20 Foster Grant sunglasses...Lazy Town DVD...NScessity ActivSkins Kids Sun/swim set...Paddington Bear DVD

Nov '09 wins: John Smith's Darts Shirt

Comments

• DFWJane
    DFWJane Posts: 219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I believe I have just answered my question by stating to fill the form in and receiving an error message trying to put in a future date!!
    :j July '08 wins: £20 Foster Grant sunglasses...Lazy Town DVD...NScessity ActivSkins Kids Sun/swim set...Paddington Bear DVD

Nov '09 wins: John Smith's Darts Shirt
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    i think it kicked in three days after i was made redundant - call them before then, and they will set you up an appointment for when you are allowed to sign on, and they'll tell you what you need t take with you etc...

as long as you are honest, then you're doing nothing wrong.... call when you get the chance.

and good luck in your job hunt.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport