Capital One Refunds

Options
Hi, been with Capital One a while to build up my credit score and just improve my rating, as haven't had much credit before.

Just wondering, since the new design a while ago, there payments thing is a bit different from before.

Does refunds still count towards your owed balance? As it's not very clear on there anymore. My other credit card does do that, so just wanted to confirm it also still does on Capital One?

As just don't want to mess up my payments as I pay in full every month!

:money::snow_laug:xmassmile:rudolf::santa2:_party_:money:

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does refunds still count towards your owed balance? As it's not very clear on there anymore. My other credit card does do that, so just wanted to confirm it also still does on Capital One?

As just don't want to mess up my payments as I pay in full every month!
    The way I see it, after reading the T&Cs, is that because you always pay in full you can deduct the refund value from the statement balance.

However, if it's a very large refund (ie the balance of all other transactions is less than the minimum payment shown on the statement) you must make a payment of at least the minimum, which may mean you create a small positive balance.
    Any refunds that are applied to your account after your statement date will not affect the monthly payment due but will be reflected in your following monthly statement.

https://www.capitalone.co.uk/creditcards/secure/terms-and-conditions.jsf
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport