Gluten free eating out in London

I'd be grateful for any reasonably priced Gluten free restaurants recommendations in London.

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,031
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    edited 31 August 2013 at 12:28AM
    HUFCsteve wrote: »
    I'd be grateful for any reasonably priced Gluten free restaurants recommendations in London.

I tend to choose a restaurant and then email or phone to ask them. the more of us who make ourselves known the more likely restaurants are to start considering gf options.

I ate at Tuttons in Covent garden today on a Bookatable deal and it was very nice. They substituted sorbet for the puddings on the fixed menu as none of the puddings were gf. They did spoil it a bit though by adding a wafer to the sorbet!

Weather spoons pubs are also a good stand by in an emergency. The chips are not gf but they will substitute them for a jacket potato if you tell them you need it gf. Their chicken tikka masala is also gf but remind them to leave the nann bread off.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Vitao Organic in Wardour street has loads of gluten-free dishes. It isn't all gluten-free but they do label everything and the food is fab, and very good value.
    http://www.vitao.co.uk/index.html
  • Tiglath
    Tiglath Posts: 3,816
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    I had a very nice glutenfree pizza in Pizza Express the other week; their dessert menu is very limited though.

http://www.pizzaexpress.com/our-food/our-restaurant-menu/glutenfree/
    "Save £12k in 2019" #120 - £100,699.57/£100,000
  • retepetsir
    retepetsir Posts: 1,236
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Carluccio's are excellent for GF :)

The Great Declutter Challenge - £876 :)

• Amanda65
    Amanda65 Posts: 2,076
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Bella Italia do gluten free pasta as well as lots of other GF dishes and I think Prezzo do too.
  • andy.m_2
    andy.m_2 Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    There is a GF app on the playstore and probably ios that flags GF restaurants and rates them as well.
    Very useful when visiting a new place we use it all the time.

As a fallback, although not the most classy, PizzaHut do lovely GF pizzas now, it was a revelation for us (simple things please a simple mind!)
    Sealed pot challange no: 339
  • borkid
    borkid Posts: 2,475
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Thanks for everyone who has given suggestions. I have just been diagnosed with wheat intolerance so all your suggestions are really helpful. Thanks to the OP for starting this thread.
  • I know Jamie oliver has an Italian restaurant in Manchester and London that do gluten free food, not expensive either.
  • Wagamama have plenty of gluten free dishes on the menu, and there are loads of branches in London.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure