Parking Eye - County Court Claim Form

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
46 replies 39.1K views

Replies

• trisontanatrisontana Forumite
    9.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    PE were issuing court claims before the Aldi Facebook thing took off. It's believed that PE started this court-paper blitz after they recruited Rachel Ledson who wants to make a name for herself.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    28.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trisontana wrote: »
    PE were issuing court claims before the Aldi Facebook thing took off. It's believed that PE started this court-paper blitz after they recruited Rachel Ledson who wants to make a name for herself.

For sure - however, the real surge of LBA's was related to Aldi customers and was something I noticed. I raised the query on Pepipoo at the time as to whether the targeting of Aldi customers was a strategy by PE. Despite contrary views, I was correct and the rest, as they say, is history.

The continuing flak (almost 2 months on) via the Aldi FB page and the growing interest from the media, rests firmly at the feet of the unholy alliance between Aldi and their masters - ParkingEye. What a complete and utter mess they've made of this - and it will inevitably end in serious tears for them.

The fight goes on!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • trisontanatrisontana Forumite
    9.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are correct about the the relationship between PE and Aldi. The former seem to be able to rule the roost . Even when ALDI tell PE to cancel a court case they refuse to do this unless the motorist pays PE £50. Also, I suspect the hand of PE behind reducing parking times and conditions at Aldi car-parks, sometimes contrary to planning regulations and promises made by Aldi when applying for planning permission.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • patman99patman99 Forumite
    8.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    What we need to do is keep a tally of how many cases P/E take to Court & how many they actually win.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• spacey2012spacey2012 Forumite
    5.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    They appear to be having some trouble turning up for the dates .
    Looks like a fishing expedition for default claims.
    Be happy...;)
  • Guys_DadGuys_Dad Forumite
    11K posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spacey2012 wrote: »
    They appear to be having some trouble turning up for the dates .
    Looks like a fishing expedition for default claims.

They only need a 1 in 5 default to make it worth while, taking into account their on-costs.
  • Yet more confusion (its a bit of a minefield isn't it) partly because of all the acronyms.....

I had the letter before action and ignored that (as per previous advice) only now to have the court paperwork. If I understand it right I have to send a formal acknowledgement within 14days, challenging the legalities of the PCN. I am then required to submit my defence, again within a certain time. I have done some online stuff from the court papers via the money claim channels - I think I have sent an automated acknowledgement - can I still send a letter constructed from the info from the POPLA appeals thread......? Will I get a reply before I then send in the defence....?

Thanks
  • edited 4 August 2013 at 11:41PM
    zzzLazyDaisyzzzLazyDaisy Forumite
    12.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 4 August 2013 at 11:41PM
    dgwave73 wrote: »
    Yet more confusion (its a bit of a minefield isn't it) partly because of all the acronyms.....

I had the letter before action and ignored that (as per previous advice) only now to have the court paperwork. If I understand it right I have to send a formal acknowledgement within 14days, challenging the legalities of the PCN. I am then required to submit my defence, again within a certain time. I have done some online stuff from the court papers via the money claim channels - I think I have sent an automated acknowledgement - can I still send a letter constructed from the info from the POPLA appeals thread......? Will I get a reply before I then send in the defence....?

Thanks

It sounds like you had the stamped papers from Northampton County Court, with a case number on it and you went to Money Claim on-line and entered your acknowledgment of service?

This extends the time for filing the defence to 28 days in total.

You won't get any reply from the court until after you have sent your defence in.
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • As I ignored the LBA (as it was from PE) do I need to send a formal acknowledgement letter (with the legal challenges) in addition to the online acceptance, or do I just send in a defence? Can I include all the same arguments as per the acknowledgement letters (lack of practice direction compliance, requesting POPLA reference, cost breakdown,contractual issues etc) or just tell them that I was a customer who didn't know about entering registrations in a computer...
    Again, thanks
  • get well soon Daisy.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support