Wowcher spam e-mails

Options
I have been receiving at least 3 spam e-mails promoting Wowcher every day 7 days a week for many months now.

The e-mails have a USA address in their content and cheekily say that they "hope you enjoyed receiving this". The senders are actually UK Offer Source or UKOfferSource.

I've clicked on unsubscribe many times and this has lead to receiving many more e-mails from UK Offer Source and their affiliates. This week alone I've received 116 e-mails promoting UK Offer Source with Active You, Gas Engineering Courses, Skills Centre, Raspberry Ketone Weight Loss, DateMatures Dates, T2G, Smart Finance UK, National Accident Helpline, Grand Sweeps, win £2500 with Tesco, ASDA Shopping Spree and a host of other things.

116 e-mails in 7 days!

Wowcher and UK Offer Source really are the worse.

Comments

• Sooler
    Sooler Posts: 3,108 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you click on unsubscribe then they know it is a real live email address, hence you get even more spam emails.

Don't click on unsubscribe in spam emails.

Best to just ignore them, mark them as junk/spam so they don't appear in your inbox.
  • AdrianS
    AdrianS Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Sooler, I am sure you are right.

Since this morning I've received another 20 spam e-mails purporting to be from Wowcher, Barclaycard BT offers, National Accident Helpline, DigitalNews Now (a PPI reclaim ervice), New York
    Flights, medical insurance, Borro, and an additional 13 spam e-mails all from UK Offer Source.

Many of the subject lines have the text joined together with no spaces. Obviously to bypass spam filters.

It's a nuisance.
  • Diddlydoodah
    Options
    If you go to the wowcher site you can change your profile and email address.

david.cameron@uk.gov
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport