Premium Bonds

Hi People...Great forum!

Just wondered what your thoughts on Premium Bonds are??

I've had £10k's worth for a year and only won £50 :(

Anyone on here had any decent prizes??

Many thanks

Grebbo

Replies

• SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe I have £2000 worth of premium bonds since I was 18 (am now 25). I have so far won £50x2 and £1000.

So all in all has been a good investment.
  • DiggingOutDiggingOut Forumite
    770 Posts
    I have five stars! This doesn't mean that I know anything about any of the things I post. I could be a raving lunatic, or a brilliant genius, or just some guy on the internet. In fact, I could be all three at the same time.

If anything I say makes sense, then do it. If not, don't. Don't blame me or my stars if you do something stupid because I suggested it. I'm responsible for my own stupidity only. You are responsible for yours.

Why, I don't even have five stars anymore! Aren't you glad you aren't responsible for my stupidity?
  • grebbogrebbo Forumite
    68 Posts
    D'oh...thanks for that ;)

I did a search but didn't come accross that post ::)
  • DiggingOutDiggingOut Forumite
    770 Posts
    It's ok, we're nice to newbies. :)

When you've been around a while, we'll get brutal. :D
    I have five stars! This doesn't mean that I know anything about any of the things I post. I could be a raving lunatic, or a brilliant genius, or just some guy on the internet. In fact, I could be all three at the same time.

If anything I say makes sense, then do it. If not, don't. Don't blame me or my stars if you do something stupid because I suggested it. I'm responsible for my own stupidity only. You are responsible for yours.

Why, I don't even have five stars anymore! Aren't you glad you aren't responsible for my stupidity?
  • I'm a newbie too, please be gentle ;)

My parents have the maximum £30k holdings of Premium Bonds and I think they win £50 quite regularly ;D

I used to play the National Lottery, but I never won a
    thing, so I don't buy tickets any more.

I am hoping to buy some Premium Bonds soon, and
    wait with anticipation :-[

In short, I think they are a good investment.

Leia
    I want to be a good saver, but I find it difficult to control my temptation to spend :o .

I owe £1,247 more than I have in savings :( .
  • Due to the rise in interest rates Ernie recently announced he would be increasing the number of prizes.
    Waddle you do eh?
  • i had £20,000 and cashed them in i know you never lose your money but the odds of winning a million is one billion too one. in a year i won about £250 in50
  • grebbogrebbo Forumite
    68 Posts
    Just received £50 through the post this morning from Ernie 8)

I think the odds to win £50 is something like 24,000/ 1
  • bonecold1bonecold1 Forumite
    27 Posts
    I got £100 this morning :D. Just in time for the bar bill for tomorrow's England game ;)
    2012 money saving challenge:

Saved: £16,222
    Target: £12,000
  • isasmurfisasmurf Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! This month's £1 million pound winner owns only £17 worth of Premium Bonds, apparently bought in 1959. There's hope for us all yet. The odds of her winning were 1.4 billion to one. At that rate I should be collecting the jackpot prize on my £2 worth of PBs in, ooo lets see, some time around 2375 AD. ::)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides