Ipod about to go through window unless.....??

in Techie Stuff
6 replies 518 views
schoolrunmumschoolrunmum Forumite
2.7K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
Forumite
Hello techies......I've spent about 3 hours trying to get 2 lousy tracks on my Ipod nano. The tracks appear in my music library on Itunes,they are "ticked" and I have synced about 5 times but they just don't cross over into my Ipod. Where on earth am I going wrong?? SO frustrated!!
Debt-free...and staying that way...

Replies

• KxMxKxMx Forumite
    10.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Opting to manually sync might help:
    Link.
  • Nada666Nada666 Forumite
    5K Posts
    Forumite
    Do they play on the computer? When you select "Get Info" for the tracks does it show any tags that suggest a different ownership or account?

By ticked do you mean just the column in iTunes when Music is selected or are you talking about the check-boxes in the Sync Music section when the iPod is selected?
  • schoolrunmumschoolrunmum Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Nada666 wrote: »
    Do they play on the computer? When you select "Get Info" for the tracks does it show any tags that suggest a different ownership or account?

By ticked do you mean just the column in iTunes when Music is selected or are you talking about the check-boxes in the Sync Music section when the iPod is selected?

Yes, they do play on the computer, and I have ticked them everywhere, in music and the sync section...I downloaded them from You tube using an MP3 converter...my kids have been using this prof for ages without coming across this problem.....
    Debt-free...and staying that way...
  • KxMxKxMx Forumite
    10.1K Posts
    Forumite
    Right it may be that you need to change the songs to AAC format and then try syncing to the ipod again.
    link and here
    Under get info you will see whether it is already in that format or not.
  • SystemSystem Forumite, Community Admin
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Community Admin
    double check the format you have downloaded them in, some converters can do multiple formats (possibly wma) which would work on the computer but not supported by ipod... if it's in iTunes already there is(was) a button to convert them into aac format - not sure if that's still possible, been a few years since I had to deal with itunes
  • KxMxKxMx Forumite
    10.1K Posts
    Forumite
    Yep it's quite possible to do that still, did some myself just last week. You right click, select create AAC version and then it does it all for you. I just have to remember to delete the non-AAC track once it's done (itunes creates a duplicate version in AAC format rather than changing the original track) so I don't get in a muddle!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 this Saturday

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals