IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Charge Notice / Not Showing Original Fee Due

Options
Hi all,

I recently got one of these NtKs although Moto Customer Services have cancelled it after I laid out the legal reasons why it didn't have a leg to stand on. (Thanks to all here for the relevant info.)

However one thing I noticed was that the PoF says:

(2)The notice must—

(a)specify the vehicle, the relevant land on which it was parked and the period of parking to which the notice relates;

(b)inform the keeper that the driver is required to pay parking charges in respect of the specified period of parking and that the parking charges have not been paid in full;

(c)describe the parking charges due from the driver as at the end of that period, the circumstances in which the requirement to pay them arose (including the means by which the requirement was brought to the attention of drivers) and the other facts that made them payable;"

In my case the CN only mentions the £90 reduced to £50 that I'm now due, not the amount (I think it might be £10 or £12) that would have been due at the end of the parking period.

I haven't seen this mentioned before. I wonder if anyone has successfully used this in an appeal to POPLA.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep, thanks for posting it though. This is used sometimes where a NTK is not compliant, see here:

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/keeper-liability/

Well done for getting it cancelled.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure