First Direct PPI Claim Win

Options
Hi,

My PPI claim against First Direct was with the Ombudsman for about 18 months. The Ombudsman confirmed last week that they are upholding my PPI claim against First Direct.

I was wondering if anyone knew how long it normally takes for the Banks to respond to the Ombudsman ruling. FOS have given the Bank until 16 August to respond but I am not sure whether First Direct will accept the decision or agree to pay out.

Just looking for some guidance on time frames please.

Thanks Suzanne

Comments

• misschicken
    misschicken Posts: 316 Forumite
    Options
    It sounds like your case has been upheld by an adjudicator at the FOS. There's no way of telling if First Direct will agree or not - they seem to have fought quite hard on the cases that go to the FOS - but they should respond within the time frame or thereabouts. If they disagree with the adjudicator's decision then it will be referred to an Ombudsman to consider. Mine took about 6 months to be seen by an Ombudsman (this year), so it's quicker than the process you've just been through but still a long old wait. Keep in mind that an Ombudsman can disagree with the adjudicator's original decision. On paying out First Direct have been fairly prompt and within the time frame given by the FOS.
  • skirkwood7
    Options
    misschicken thank you very much. To be honest I am expecting a fight with First Direct but not due to any reason just me being pessimistic at the best of times. Thanks again.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,501 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You won't be fighting anything. All it is is letters back and fore for a while. There is no fight.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure