peugeot partner vs berlingo or kangoo?

Options
13»

Comments

• jase1
    jase1 Posts: 2,308 Forumite
    Options
    Personally, I could never quite work out why the Mitsubishi Space Star never took off.

It handles and drives like a car (albeit a Carisma so a bit bland). The rear seats fold into the floor leaving a van-like "high-estate" boot which is cavernous. It's cheap (and always was), it's very reliable and it even makes a reasonable stab at looking like a car (although the boot end could do with some redesign).

Gives you the advantages of a van-like high estate car with good visibility, good build quality (rare in this sector) etc, but none of the drawbacks.
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I have to agree, I have driven a Ford Fusion before, and it was terrible as a car. I was hiring a car in Spain once, and was asked if I wanted a free upgrade to a Fusion, as they had run out of Golfs. I said no thanks, I want a car, not a van, and then went to another hire company.

I personally think an MPV would be better for the OP, but that's not what they are asking for. I presume this is down to price.
    The Ford Fusion isnt a van, its a small MPV based on a Fiesta (basically a Fiesta on stilts).

Its replacement is the B-Max which again is a car, not a van.

Anyway, I digress, a Fusion isn't an 'upgrade' from a Golf though but in rental car terms it may have been in better condition if they were finding them harder to hire out.
  • Jamie_Carter
    Jamie_Carter Posts: 5,282 Forumite
    Options
    KTF wrote: »
    The Ford Fusion isnt a van, its a small MPV based on a Fiesta (basically a Fiesta on stilts).

Its replacement is the B-Max which again is a car, not a van.

Anyway, I digress, a Fusion isn't an 'upgrade' from a Golf though but in rental car terms it may have been in better condition if they were finding them harder to hire out.

It's a transit connect with a lower roof. And it drives like a van.
  • tedted
    tedted Posts: 373 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    the fusion is fiesta based as far as i know nothing to do with a connect van
  • Jamie_Carter
    Jamie_Carter Posts: 5,282 Forumite
    Options
    tedted wrote: »
    the fusion is fiesta based as far as i know nothing to do with a connect van

Maybe so. But the front ends look identical. And if it is based on the fiesta, then Ford have done a terrible job. It drives more like a car from 20 yeas ago.
  • smashingyour...
    Options

No, it's fiesta based and again nothing to do with what the op asked.
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I love my Berlingo. Had it from new Dec 2004. Only ever had wear and tear issues with it - still going like a trooper, which is why we bought it.

2.0 HDi - real kick to it. A friend who is into cars couldn't quite believe how good it was when he asked to have a play after we bought it.

As someone who doesn't do cars as machines of beauty, more it gets me from A to B, it's a solid reliable car with oodles of space. And a car I can use to leave BMWs and Audis standing should I so wish.

Love the look on the young male drivers faces in their soupped up cars when they realise a gal in her 30s wearing a big smile ,driving a old persons van conversion, zooms away from them and no amount of right foot work on their part can catch her.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • soupdragon10
    Options
    I hadn't intended to spark such a debate when I asked the question - having been driving my daughters Vauxhall van recently I wanted something similar but with the advantage of side windows and rear seats to allow me to carry more than 1 passenger.

I prefer diesels as I have had these for years, do quite a lot of miles.

So it seems from the replies that there isn't a great deal to choose between any of these, so it will ultimately come down to availability and price as to which I buy.
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    No it is not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fusion_%28Europe%29
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Its Fiesta based with Transit Connect style headlights.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure