Credit card for someone new to credit

Options
reclusive46
reclusive46 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
edited 30 July 2013 at 9:07PM in Credit cards
Hi guys,
I've been asked for some advice and just wanted to check with you guys before I reply.

Am I correct in thinking that the only credit card that someone with no credit history is likely to be acceped for (No overdraft, mobile phone or anything etc) is Vanquis?

I noticed that the Capital One Classic says they are not likely to approve someone with no previous history of managing credit.

Comments

• CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I've been asked for some advice and just wanted to check with you guys.

Am I correct in thinking that the only credit card that someone with no credit history is likely to be acceped for (No overdraft, mobile phone or anything etc) is Vanquis?

I noticed that the Capital One Classic says they are not likely to approve someone with no previous history of managing credit.

try your own bank first: they know you keep your financial affairs in excellent order

as well as Vanquis you could try Barclaycard Initial
  • Alarae
    Alarae Posts: 355 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I've been asked for some advice and just wanted to check with you guys before I reply.

Other than my student credit card which my bank basically threw at me to take, I was accepted for an Aqua Reward card and Capital One Classic Extra a short time after.

You could always have a shot with Capital One if your bank declines you, then Vanquis as a last resort.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure