Options
2»

Comments

• jojo9239
    jojo9239 Posts: 322 Forumite
    Options
    This is basically the email I sent

To whom this may concern,

I logged on last night to check my credit rating as my fianc! and I are in the process of purchasing our first home together. I was shocked and upset to see that I have a default notice from yourselves for £27.00. I closed my Orange account down in November of last year and at the same time notifying you of my new address as I had just moved.
    I rang up several times to check if I owed any monies to which I was told no. I kept logging in online to check until I could not log in any longer. I found it strange that I have have no correspondence to notify me of this outstanding balance. I rang Orange yesterday evening and was given the number for your collection agency DLC as they were closed I rang them this morning and was told the debt had been passed to Scotcall. I promptly called them to pay the balance which was £29.94 (reference 0xxx45) and was told to contact yourselves to discuss the removal of this notice of default. I rang your collections team and spoke with Adam who was most helpful and he explained that whoever took my call to change my address had changed the account address just not the billing address. He agreed this was an error and gave me your email address to write to to get this default removed. He also asked me to inform you that he has made notes on my account fully supporting the fact that this was an error on the call centre staff member who did not change my billing address. My old address was 43 Xxxx street xxxxx BXxx xx and my new address is 24 Xxxx Xxxx xxxxx Mxx 1Xx

If you can appreciate £27 is not a great deal of money and I would of paid this quite happily. My credit rating has now been tarnished due to an admin error within Orange customer service and someone not updating the billing address. I am not asking for any compensation just that this default notice is removed with immediate effect as I have had no notification of this unpaid balance, only noticing though checking my credit score with Experian.

I look forward to your response and I would request a reply within 14 days

Regards

Miss Xxxxxxxx
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jojo9239 wrote: »
    Yeah i have emailed i got an automated one saying they would respond within 7 days x

Recorded delivery letter in the post to EE's Data Controller / Credit Control Department
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • jojo9239
    jojo9239 Posts: 322 Forumite
    Options
    Had this

Our Ref: RP/95723351/298723 Dear Miss Welsh Thank you for your recent query. We have checked and found outstanding balance on your account. Could you please pay this amount as soon as possible? You can make a payment by calling your account relevant debt Collection Agency which is Direct Legal and Collections on 0844 8009889. As soon as you’ve paid, we’ll be able to review your query further. Regards
    Rajib Pandey
    Credit Underwriter
    Credit Referrals Department
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Clearly they haven't read your email properly.

Write to them recorded delivery
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure