Home Forever? Maybe Mortgage Forever? No Way!!

Replies

• ixiaixia Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    It's ok found it thanks.
  • JackopJackop Forumite
    150 Posts
    Thanks ixia,

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1157173

Follow the links and download it on the external website. Its a really nice one. Looks confusing but you get used to it really quick!
    Borrowed - £148000 June 2013
    Original MF Date - May 2038
    Aiming For - March 2031 (At Latest!)
    Overpaid - £490.00
    Daily Interest - [STRIKE]£18.16[/STRIKE] £18.09
  • JackopJackop Forumite
    150 Posts
    Just crossed over there, sorry for the late reply! Glad you found it, I sent it to my work address so I could waste the day messing about!

I can see why people get addicted.
    Overpaid - £490.00
  • tea_lovertea_lover Forumite
    8.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jackop wrote: »
    I can see why people get addicted.

Totally! I've been playing around with the figures all week since I finally got the online banking sorted for the mortgage account. It's incredibly addictive.

Congrats on your new home and engagement - have you got a date set for the wedding?
  • JackopJackop Forumite
    150 Posts
    Thanks Tea Lover, I applied for nationwide online banking yesterday so just waiting for the login details through the post. I cant wait to get exploring that!

No official date set yet, but we are thinking june 2015, so plenty of time to save. There will be no loans, credit cards, bank of mum and dad!
    Overpaid - £490.00
  • JackopJackop Forumite
    150 Posts
    Today another £160 paid off! That's it for the month now until payday! So this might be it posting wise until then. There's nothing much interesting going on apart from that!

Oh my nationwide login came. None of my overpayments are showing yet so it looks a bit drab on the statement.

£500 went into savings aswell but we will see how that goes by payday. Df wants a dishwasher. It's making sense as I cook from scratch there is a lot of pots n pans to wash. I do most of the washing up but i think she likes me to relax after dinner rather than wash up. Usually there is 3-4 washing bowls full per day. Even though we are on standard water rates it should still save us cash on energy use alone. What do you think?

£35 spent on groceries this week. So technically £125 left in the food budget for 2 more weeks. Realistically if I keep to £35 a week there will be another £55 I can save towards wedding or overpay.
    Overpaid - £490.00
  • edited 6 August 2013 at 7:43AM
    Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRSTilly_MFW_in_6_YRS Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 August 2013 at 7:43AM
    Hi Jackop, looks like you have some good plans in place.

I love growing veg and always plant marigolds alongside tomatoes and basil. The link below is quite useful

http://www.pallensmith.com/articles/pest-control-plants

Just by growing salads, herbs, rocket, potatoes, garlic, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, rhubarb I reckon I save £6-8 each week. I grow loads of other stuff but the return on the above is fab.

Good luck on your journey

Best wishes Tilly
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • JackopJackop Forumite
    150 Posts
    Thanks Tilly that's a great reference. Using other plants instead if pest control suits me perfect. I have a catmint plant that the bees and butterflies love! So good to know in already started with some nice partner plants. Will really have a go next year as the growing season nearly finished now for what I can do in my garden.
    Overpaid - £490.00
  • JackopJackop Forumite
    150 Posts
    Overpayments now showing online so ill work on designing my signature when I get home.

Nothing more to report really apart from going to have a look at dishwashers tonight.

We have a curries near us that sells seconds and ex display etc. We got a fridge reduced from £370 to £220 when all it had wrong was a scratch down one side that isnt visible when installed at our house. So hopefully we can get a similar bargain tonight.
    Overpaid - £490.00
  • JackopJackop Forumite
    150 Posts
    Another payday post!

£160 paid off today, I never seem to have any extra to pay off, the budget is done so well there is never anything extra apart from payday. It can be a bit disheartening to see the interest adding on everyday to almost exactly what we have paid in the previous month. I suppose it the way it will be for the next few years until the capital starts coming off a bit more in the standard payments.

Everything else is going well, were saving £500 per month on top of the £160 OP and £100 coming off the 0% CC (£700 to go on that) So after xmas we should be clear of that and another £100/m can go to savings or OP. Ill have to discuss with DF where it goes. She likes to save but I can tell that the money we overpay she feels like she has spent rather than saved. Does anyone else feel like that?
    Overpaid - £490.00
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Alexa, tell me some top tips

How can this Forumite maximise their smart speaker?

Join the Forum discussion

State pension shortfalls for women

MPs call it a 'shameful shambles'

MSE News