🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

100k where to invest?

Options
13»

Comments

• atush
    atush Posts: 18,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    But not in his country, Cambodia which he feels is not stable.

Which is why i suggested an investment acct with HSBC which has some great clean class trackers, and asian funds.
  • returntotheuk
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Thank you for everyone's input, it has really helped me to make some decisions.

I have decided that buying a property is not the best way to invest the money, not at the moment anyway. I have also decided stocks, shares and other similar investing is not my cup of tea ; - ).

So, I have decided to do 2 things, the first is deposit cash in a fixed term (1 year) account which pays 3.5% interest per year before tax (10%) here in Cambodia. The fixed term allows me to withdraw the money out at ANY time, although I will lose any accrued interest. This is important to me for emergencies.

The second thing I have decided to do is to re-invest other monies in business/es. There are so many business opportunities here in Cambodia, and I know the market and area very well so I have a pretty good idea what is a good investment and what is not. This makes more sense now.

Thanks again for all the info.

Cheers Phil :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills