Management Funds

Options
Hello

Firstly i'm just after some advice on management funding, i'm looking to try and put away £200pm for the next 5-10 years. However i'm currently wondering if anyone has any info on who's offering the highest interest rates/5-10 year policy. I know there are some that are offering 20-25 year terms, although that's far too long in my current circumstances.

Any help would be much appreciated :D

Thankyou

Comments

• badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    James0 wrote: »
    Hello

Firstly i'm just after some advice on management funding, i'm looking to try and put away £200pm for the next 5-10 years. However i'm currently wondering if anyone has any info on who's offering the highest interest rates/5-10 year policy. I know there are some that are offering 20-25 year terms, although that's far too long in my current circumstances.

Any help would be much appreciated :D

Thankyou

'Management Funds' and 'management funding' are not terms I'm familiar with and a google search didn't help :o

Do you mean 'Managed Funds' ( as opposed to say trackers)?

If not can you please provide more information.
  • James0
    James0 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Sorry yes that's what i'm implying.. Basically after depositing a fixed sum (200pm) for the next 5-10 years. Not being able to withdraw etc
    Thanks
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    James0 wrote: »
    Sorry yes that's what i'm implying.. Basically after depositing a fixed sum (200pm) for the next 5-10 years. Not being able to withdraw etc
    Thanks

You seem to be mixing up savings and investments. Do you know which of these you're interested in?

Have a read around the forum. There are lots of threads dedicated to achieving the best returns on cash savings, short term instant access or longer fixed term; tax free cash ISAs etc and also some dedicated to investing in stocks & shares, funds, bonds, etc
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    My guess is you are talking about Investment Bond policies as sold by the Prudential etc, for example a With Profits one.

They have rather fallen out of favour recently and in my opinion are only occasionally worth considering in special circumstances.

Maybe you could consider a Stocks & Shares ISA instead? It is a lot more flexible.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They have rather fallen out of favour recently and in my opinion are only occasionally worth considering in special circumstances.

Indeed, theses were generally classed by obsolete by the mid 90s with the last stragglers on the advice channel pulling out by last 90s. Some of the DIY providers continued to offer them to around 2005 (and look at the stick they get).
    Maybe you could consider a Stocks & Shares ISA instead? It is a lot more flexible.

And that is what killed it off. Cheaper, more flexible, better tax handling and more options.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Interesting. So you don't recommend them to anybody in any circumstances any more? Not even if they have used up all their ISA, capital gains etc allowances already? Not even to use the 5% withdrawal rule/top slicing to defer tax until, say, after retirement?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Reaper wrote: »
    Interesting. So you don't recommend them to anybody in any circumstances any more? Not even if they have used up all their ISA, capital gains etc allowances already? Not even to use the 5% withdrawal rule/top slicing to defer tax until, say, after retirement?

There isnt a mainstream provider that still offers regular contribution ones. Single premium ones still exist and can still be viable (many now have equalised charges over ISA and unwrapped).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure