Indoor football letting business?

Options
A long-winded post but please persevere -

I would like to start a business letting a hall for use to play five-a-side indoor football. In the area I live in their is one indoor hall, the weather is inclement, the area is heavily populated. For many years now myself and my frineds have said that there is a demand for another hall as we and others have always found it difficult to hire a hall.
I am considering building a hall, hopefully a very simple design - possibly prefabricated cast concrete walls and corrugated roof with a concrete floor and changing rooms cordoned off from hall or alternatively I would let and convert an unused hall or factory unit of appropriate size.
I am a total novice to this and imagine that their are health and safety implications to this kind of venture. Also what is the best way to raise capital - does anyone know of any grants from europe/uk-government for improving local peoples fitness and the like and what are the choices with regard to insurance, etc for this kind of venture? If anyone can think of any other implications or things to consider please enlighten me? Also would anyone like to do all this for me - LOL!!!!
I know it is an ask for all my questions to be answered but any advice would be greatly appreciated as I don't know where to start.
Thank you all for your help.

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,058 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I know nothing about the requierements of indoor football, but would just wonder if a concrete floor is the right kind of surface? I used to be fairly knowledgeable about aspects of dance, where injuries could be caused by dancing on the wrong kind of floor ...

Is it worth starting by contacting the Football Association and Sport England or whatever it's called these days?
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • barrymung
    barrymung Posts: 638 Forumite
    Options
    from memory the schools I went to had either sprung wooden floors or wood over concrete.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure