🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Which cards should I transfer to new CC

Options
Hi all,

Hope you can help.

I have 3 credit cards at the moment, Lloyds TSB, Capital One and Vanquis and 1 store card with Next

Balances/APR
Lloyds TSB £548.94 apr 29.99%
Capital One £2501.36 apr 34.9%
Vanquis £1916.42 apr 39.9%
Next £935.38 apr 25.99%

I was opening an account with HSBC and I told them the balances of the three cards and they advised they could give me a balance transfer card at 0% for 23 months with limit of £2700 which I accepted I now need to decide which cards to use.

Along with this I think I will now have around £500-£600 a month spare towards these cards.

Any idea which would work out best as would like these cleared ASAP so to start saving for house deposit and wedding (we were due to get married next year but had to cancel due to money issues :( ).

Any help will be great thanks

:)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Transfer the highest rate ones.
  • guesswho2000
    guesswho2000 Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    All the Vanquis and part of the Capital One, since they're the most expensive.

FWIW, you can't BT from the Next card - it's not a credit/store card, but a catalogue account - you can, however, pay it off using a credit card as a purchase - you'd need a CC offering 0% on those to do that.
  • sleines
    sleines Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Ah didn't know that about the Next.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income