First statement

Options
Few weeks ago I applied for a Halifax balance transfer card. The new card and pin number arrived last week. However, I haven't received any statement that would indicate how much and for how long I will be repaying my credit yet. The transfer must have occurred because the appropriate sum has been deducted from my Barcalys cc account. How long does it take to get a statement? I wouldn't like to miss my first payment:eek: I've just activated my new card and registered for online banking.

Any advice, please?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The online banking service will give you the details if you haven't yet received a statement.

How long it takes you to repay the balance will depend on how much you choose to pay each month. The statement will only give you due date and min paymnt amount.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Anya15 wrote: »
    However, I haven't received any statement that would indicate how much and for how long I will be repaying my credit yet.
    The minimum payments and other essential information can be found in the Summary Box that is available online and was available when you were applying. I guess it was in the paperwork too.

For how long depends on how much you actually pay.
  • bengal-stripe
    bengal-stripe Posts: 3,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anya15 wrote: »
    How long does it take to get a statement? I wouldn't like to miss my first payment:eek:

The first statement will be issued about one month after the account was opened. All subsequent statements will be issued at approximately the same date every month. The exact date can vary something like 2 days in either direction.

You then have (depending on the card) somewhere between 18 to 25 days for your payment (at least the minimum) to reach your card account. Your first statement will give you all the details. If you get your statements on-line, you should receive an e-mail that the statement has been posted and can be looked at.
  • Anya15
    Anya15 Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you very much for your replies :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts