SAAS funding for distance learning PT with English Uni?

Options
Calling SAAS experts-a friend is trying to find out if such a course can be funded by SAAS - is distance learning considered cross border- my research says probably, but I'd be grateful for confirmation.

From what I can tell she could get funding for distance learning PT at a Scottish Uni but not English?

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment.

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's unlikely that there's anyone on here who is more of an expert on SAAS funding than SAAS themselves, so why not just give them a call?
  • enabledebra
    enabledebra Posts: 8,075 Forumite
    Options
    She has called them with a couple of queries about applying and was first told yes but then told no by 2 others- but the HEI says they've had Scottish students funded before. She doesn't want to sign up if she won't get funding in the end. I've told her to apply and see what they say in writing.
  • Ellie_A
    Options
    I had previously contacted the SAAS with a similar query (I work for a distance learning provider), and they have confirmed that they do not offer funding for part time distance learning courses in English institutions.

However, your friend could also check with the University if the course is designated for SAAS funding, and start from there.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport