Can anyone recommend a paper cutter/guillotine for trimming cards

in Crafting
4 replies 1.4K views
When I make cards I often cover the card front with paper and then trim the edges. My paper cutter has broken and I am looking for a new one - can anyone recommend one? I only need to cut straight lines, don't need one for fancy edges. Thanks.

Replies

• glynisroseglynisrose Forumite
    199 Posts
    Sorry, I have a large Fiskars cutter that I use to cut down A3 card but I rarely use a paper trimmer, I much prefer using a scalpel and metal ruler....
  • HermiaHermia Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    When I make cards I often cover the card front with paper and then trim the edges. My paper cutter has broken and I am looking for a new one - can anyone recommend one? I only need to cut straight lines, don't need one for fancy edges. Thanks.

I have a small Fiskars paper trimmer. I think it was about £15. It is excellent. It wouldn't be suitable for heavy use, but if you just need to trim single sheets of paper/card it's fine.
  • ScrapmateScrapmate Forumite
    84 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've heard loads of good reports about the Fiskar's trimmers. Sometimes you can get a combined guillotine/rotary cutter at Lidl or Aldi for @£15.
    Use your stuff challenge 50/50
  • cattiecattie Forumite
    8.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I've had an Avery compact one for donkey's years & wouldn't be without it. A really excellent piece of kit.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK

MSE Deals