kit, contents and buildings requirements (insurance) in own home

What do peeps gen have insurance wise when owning/living in own home?

ATM i've got kit and contents. Good reccommendations?


  • Alias_OmegaAlias_Omega Forumite
    7.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Just normal house & contents insurance with Forces Financial, they were offering 3 months free.. I don't have a locker at work, so I don't need to cover anything outside of the property.
  • TBH if it's your own home it's mad to have any military contents policy.

    You will be paying for extras you don't need ( removals, licence to occupy etc ) and won't get a lot of the benefits of civvy policies ( best one being cheaper rates and higher level of cover )

    Usually you can also save by combining your contents and buildings cover together.
    I am a Financial Adviser specialising in Mortgages, Protection, Health and Medical Insurance. I also write wills. All information posted on this site is for discussion only, and should not be taken as advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Did you know there's an MSE app?

It's free & available on iOS & Android


Regifting: good idea or not?

Add your two cents to the discussion

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools