Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• mcowan77
    mcowan77 Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    currently waiting on mortgage decision

14/04/15 - full application to nationwide submitted via broker
    14/04/15 - text received to confirm application received
    14/04/15 - text to say valuation ( new build) booked for 16/04/15

waiting to hear back re valuation
  • jo6526_2
    jo6526_2 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    Aip few weeks ago, found somewhere we love, offer accepted and full mortgage application 10/4 submitted.

Very impatient, the sold sign has gone up in the house we want, slightly awkward as friends and family have seen it and keep asking if we've bought it! This is making me nervous as we have still to be fully approved for mortgage.

I'm in scotland so unsure if a valuation gets done as there is a full home report?
  • jeyu
    jeyu Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    jo6526 wrote: »
    I'm in scotland so unsure if a valuation gets done as there is a full home report?

Depends of the lender but most of them accept home report and that's why don't charge valuation fee (i.e HSBC, CO-OP). Those who charge this fee will be instructing own survey (Clydesdale). To be fair home report it's exactly a survey so strange that some of the lenders do this however there might be a positive thing of that as well if you paid over the home report. You should be able to put your purchase price to the mortgage instead valuation from home report (check with lender if they do this, Clydesdale accepts this) and keep finger crossed the surveyor will agree to it. This extend your mortgage and will save you paying the difference between purchase and home report valuation which normally you would have to cover from your pocket
  • jo6526_2
    jo6526_2 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    jeyu wrote: »
    Depends of the lender but most of them accept home report and that's why don't charge valuation fee (i.e HSBC, CO-OP). Those who charge this fee will be instructing own survey (Clydesdale). To be fair home report it's exactly a survey so strange that some of the lenders do this however there might be a positive thing of that as well if you paid over the home report. You should be able to put your purchase price to the mortgage instead valuation from home report (check with lender if they do this, Clydesdale accepts this) and keep finger crossed the surveyor will agree to it. This extend your mortgage and will save you paying the difference between purchase and home report valuation which normally you would have to cover from your pocket

Thank you that's good info!

We were quoted by mortgage brokers valuation fee but I may question it as the home report has been submitted and the house is only 13 years old, the home report looked comprehensive enough without any issues being raised as concerning.

Hopefully we'll find out application outcome today! This wait is horrible.
  • mcowan77
    mcowan77 Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mcowan77 wrote: »
    currently waiting on mortgage decision

14/04/15 - full application to nationwide submitted via broker
    14/04/15 - text received to confirm application received
    14/04/15 - text to say valuation ( new build) booked for 16/04/15

waiting to hear back re valuation

Not heard anything from nationwide re valuation. Should I be worried?
  • laurenfarnie
    Options
    Thought I'd pop in as I too am awaiting a mortgage decision (from HSBC) and am a big worrier.

Have pretty much convinced myself it's going to be declined as it's 90% LTV as I have a late mortgage payment from 3 years ago, and 2 late credit card payments from 2 years ago, plus I am always in my overdraft at the end of each month (never gone over and no defaults though, so maybe there's hope). It's a joint app and partner is squeaky clean, so hoping that will help too.

DIP accepted and application is with the underwriter. Valuation is booked for next Wednesday and sent all supporting docs off yesterday (with a glum look on my face at my 3 months worth of bank statements all showing overdraft use - sob).

Most infuriating thing thus far was logging into HSBC's online application tracker and seeing so many errors on our application - they've got the purchase property address completely wrong, my employment details wrong, my pension outgoings wrong ... need I go on?

The waiting game is a tough one.
  • Bellerina
    Bellerina Posts: 11 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yay! Just had a text from L&C to confirm that our mortgage offer has been issued! New timeline:

23/02 DIP obtained from L&C brokers, 90% LTV
    24/02 Offer accepted on purchase STC (buying from a family member)
    10/03 EA instructed, photos taken
    11/03 House on market
    14/03 Viewings
    19/03 Sale agreed STC, instructed broker to prepare full application
    24/03 Further docs provided to broker, solicitor instructed
    26/03 MA submitted to Santander
    26/03 Broker confirmed credit check and affordability passed
    30/03 Buyer's valuation carried out (Halifax)
    31/03 P60 requested by Santander
    01/04 P60 uploaded
    09/04 Mortgage agreed subject to valuation, booked to value on 15/04
    15/04 Valuation took place
    17/04 Mortgage offer issued :j

No news on our buyer yet but I know that he's done his searches, so I would imagine his offer has already come through or is on its way.
  • Sparkle15
    Sparkle15 Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
    Brilliant news Bellerina :)

My MA has gone away for a long weekend, so i have not been able to ask for an update :( i really feel like ringing Natwest myself, i am trying to resist the urge to ring and just wait until Monday when i can speak the MA.
  • Bellerina
    Bellerina Posts: 11 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks Sparkle15. Give them a call; you've got nothing to lose!

I wouldn't have known the valuation had been booked and gone ahead if it wasn't for the fact that we are buying my mum's house and she was on holiday, so they called me (as the person with her spare key) to make the appointment. The lender only told my MA on the day of the valuation that it had been booked, then they heard nothing until the offer was issued.

Also, Sparkle I think you mentioned before that you were worried about the valuation as the house hasn't been touched in 30 years; just to say don't worry too much. Ours is the same, it's in an awful state of repair and needs everything doing to it. The valuer wasn't phased by that at all.

Good luck everyone; the wait has been horrible, but generally I've found that no news is good news!
  • Sparkle15
    Sparkle15 Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Bellerina, that makes me feel a lot better re the valuation and also they you only head because it was your mums house :)

So happy i have this forum to look at whilst waiting.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback