We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Why Are E.On Reporting To Equifax ...

molerat
molerat Posts: 36,514 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
......... when I am no longer a customer. I closed my account with them in September 2012 and received a refund cheque on 13th October. My latest Equifax report shows them reporting up to June 2013. No harm really being done as it is showing "up to date" but surely they should not be reporting when we have no relationship. DPA breach ?

E.On rep like to comment ?

Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

Comments

  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Hi molerat

    This doesn't sound right.

    Following the closure of an account, we'll continue to share data for a short period or for as long as there's an outstanding balance on an account.

    However, as your account closed last September with no debit balance, this is way beyond what I'd expect.

    We've a specialist team who investigate Datashare issues. If you drop an email to the address in my Profile with the details, I'll be happy to liaise with these guys for you.

    Malc
    “Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.