Options
1789101113»

Comments

• KiNeL
    KiNeL Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A tip I picked up recently.

When applying for this sort of insurance where they love to turn your claim for cancer down because you forgot about an ingrowing toenail you had 20 years previously, ask your GP surgery for a copy of your medical records, which they will supply for a nominal fee (£10 for mine), and send it along with your application by recorded delivery.

If you need to claim sometime in the future they cannot say you failed to disclose something, if they didn't read it it's their problem not yours.

Keep your copy and the recorded delivery chitty somewhere safe for the day you hope never comes.
  • Englishbloke
    Options
    KiNeL wrote: »
    A tip I picked up recently.

When applying for this sort of insurance where they love to turn your claim for cancer down because you forgot about an ingrowing toenail you had 20 years previously, ask your GP surgery for a copy of your medical records, which they will supply for a nominal fee (£10 for mine), and send it along with your application by recorded delivery.

If you need to claim sometime in the future they cannot say you failed to disclose something, if they didn't read it it's their problem not yours.

Keep your copy and the recorded delivery chitty somewhere safe for the day you hope never comes.

Apparently this won't work. I have recently made a claim on my CI policy, when I originally took the policy they had access to my records to check something I had mentioned on the application form.

When I submitted my claim I asked if I was free from the dangers of 'Non-Disclosure' as they have seen my medical records... Apparently not, they only check the records for conditions you have mentioned so you still need to make sure you fill in the forms VERY carefully.

Still waiting to hear on my claim.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family