🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Will the BOE rate change on Thursday?

Options
13»

Comments

• Jonbvn
    Jonbvn Posts: 5,562 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Doc,

Neither link you have posted shows the text you have posted. Is this an error by the Telegraph?

In addition to the above, no other news service is showing anything on this story YET (at 11:56am).
    In case you hadn't already worked it out - the entire global financial system is predicated on the assumption that you're an idiot:cool:
  • intalex
    intalex Posts: 858 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sky News have just announced that the rate has been left unchanged.
  • DocProc
    DocProc Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It could be that the Telegraph are a tadge embarrassed over this and have pulled the articles?

For each of the two postings above, I merely 'Copied and Pasted' and gave the source URL link for each posting.

I'm off out now but obviously, I will be interested to see what happens - both on the Telegraph website and also at the Bank of England.
  • Kitikat
    Kitikat Posts: 414 Forumite
    Options
    Bank of England state that the rate remains at 5.5%
  • DocProc
    DocProc Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So there we are then. Our confirmation on it.

No rate change. It stays at 5.5%.
  • frogman_2
    frogman_2 Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    Nilrem said,
    Lol, You are not Mervyn King are you?

No, I'm not Mervyn King...;)

The tricky bit for the MPC will be if we need to go to 6%...Interest rate will not be of any use against house prices in London but it will stagnate outside London over Q4 2007...

Also depends if the Fed cuts interest rates in Q3/Q4 but looks they could be in no great hurry. One more rate hike from the ECB this year looks likely.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport