We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Parking Invoice
Another_John_Smith
Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi
I received a parking invoice back in February saying I owed £85, due within 4 weeks, that I could reduce to £50 if I paid within 14 days. I received a reminder the day before the 14 days was up saying the same thing. I ignored both letters after reading advice on this website.
About 6 weeks after I first received the invoice I received another saying I owed £85 and had 2 more weeks to pay. I also ignored this.
I thought it had been forgotten when 3 months after the last letter from Parking Eye, I received a letter from a debt collection agency saying I owed them £125 and had a week to pay it or face court action. I ignored again and received another letter about 10 days after the last saying I still owed £125 and now had a further 10 days to pay or I faced court action.
I figured that as all of the letters had arrived by second class mail, they couldn't prove that I had received any of the letters and have ignored all of them.
The final deadline to pay £125 is up on Monday. Am I doing the right thing?
AJS
I received a parking invoice back in February saying I owed £85, due within 4 weeks, that I could reduce to £50 if I paid within 14 days. I received a reminder the day before the 14 days was up saying the same thing. I ignored both letters after reading advice on this website.
About 6 weeks after I first received the invoice I received another saying I owed £85 and had 2 more weeks to pay. I also ignored this.
I thought it had been forgotten when 3 months after the last letter from Parking Eye, I received a letter from a debt collection agency saying I owed them £125 and had a week to pay it or face court action. I ignored again and received another letter about 10 days after the last saying I still owed £125 and now had a further 10 days to pay or I faced court action.
I figured that as all of the letters had arrived by second class mail, they couldn't prove that I had received any of the letters and have ignored all of them.
The final deadline to pay £125 is up on Monday. Am I doing the right thing?
AJS
0
Comments
-
Well your course is set now, probably debt recovery plus was contacting you in regards to this? You need to know that parking eye have been issuing small claims in a limited fashion, you may get one through the letterbox if in England or Wales .
If you do get a claim you have two choices either to settle or defend, you will get help with a defence if you come back here. So for now I suggest to wait and seeWhen posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
We don't need the following to help you.
Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
:beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:0 -
You are doing the right thing if all these letters are Debt Collector junk mail from DRP or Zenith.
But if you get a Letter before Action from Parking Eye we do suggest you respond to that with a very strong rebuttal. PE have tried to 'move the goalposts' recently and we and pepipoo and CAG forums are helping people to play the game and win, regardless.
They are lining up some small claims all of a sudden - but are highly unlikely to take them all to hearings all over the Country IMHO. And even those that go to a hearing are not necessarily winnable by PE if well defended.
They are hoping to scare a load of people into folding and paying, will get default wins if people ignore the court papers and will cherry-pick some weak defences for a few show-trial hearings. There has been one so far that I know of where the hapless motorist tried to defend just saying he 'wasn't the driver' (derrrrr...no longer relevant, all he had to do was Google it!).
Anyway if you get a Letter Before Action follow the examples on other threads (there are TONS of threads about responding strongly to Parking Eye LBAs on here and on pepipoo forum!). You would be then writing them a letter and sending it snail mail, making your case very difficult for them to take to small claims (not an appeal!).
See these threads and loads of others you can browse thru both forums to read:
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=80930
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/4585747
HTH and if you want to add more into your letter such as the fact that their Notice to Keeper was not compliant and their signs were too high without full t&cs being readable to a driver at the entrance, and there was no contract and the charge is an unenforceable penalty, then come back for more help to make it a killer response IF you get a Letter before Action.
But do not respond to a debt collector, utterly pointless.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
