We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Scottish Power - Online Account Fiasco
So I switched back to Scottish Power after moving house, which completed two weeks ago. However, I cannot access my account online. If I try to register using my new account number and post code, it says I'm already registered. If I login with my old details, I just see my old account details (old address, old account number, balance £0).
I've called 9 times now and this hasn't been sorted. I've been promised two call backs and had nothing, which really !!!!es me off - so much so that I refused to let the last guy I spoke to promise to call me back. So instead he fobbed me off with a different phone number, which ended up putting me back to the switchboard and to the back of the queue, and this was after being on hold for 35 minutes!
I've been told three times now that my old account has been "completely deleted" from the system, yet I still see it when logging in. My password has been reset numerous times (which usually didn't even have any effect). Why can't they sort this out? Can the MSE Scottish Power representative help me?
P.S. The hold songs suck.
I've called 9 times now and this hasn't been sorted. I've been promised two call backs and had nothing, which really !!!!es me off - so much so that I refused to let the last guy I spoke to promise to call me back. So instead he fobbed me off with a different phone number, which ended up putting me back to the switchboard and to the back of the queue, and this was after being on hold for 35 minutes!
I've been told three times now that my old account has been "completely deleted" from the system, yet I still see it when logging in. My password has been reset numerous times (which usually didn't even have any effect). Why can't they sort this out? Can the MSE Scottish Power representative help me?
P.S. The hold songs suck.
0
Comments
-
Give them 5 days to sort it out otherwise you will switch.0
-
In the end it took hours of calls and waiting a week for them to sort this out. Yesterday I couldn't login (wasn't accepting my definitely correct password) so I reset the password. I only got the new password today (!!!) and now...unbelievably, I see my old sodding account again! It shouldn't even be on the system and now I'm probably going to have to call numerous times to get it fixed again.
Ridiculous.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards