We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Scottish Power......

Tommyh
Tommyh Posts: 117 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
edited 12 July 2013 at 11:38AM in Energy
They promised me the earth, but delivered very little.

After being with the since November, and paying them £126 a month (because they were estimating my useage (which is my fault because I have to practically empty the cupboard under the stairs to read it)), I've now been told they've under estimated it to the tune of £236. Which, by my calculations, totals £1748 of Gas and Electric over the year. Now; this might make you think I live in a mansion (I wish), but I don't. I live in a modest 3 bedroom middle terrace house, with 3 kids and a wife. We don't often have the heating on, and just wear more clothes. But even if we did, it's still an extortionate amount of money.
When I spoke to customer services yesterday, the lady suggested I was silly swapping companies because they have some of the lowest prices around.
I'm not looking for advice, just want to rant and warn people off from using them. Shocking prices and not the best customer services of all time either.
2014 wins:
4 x Pairs Ted Baker shoes. An Outdoors Project After School Club for my son.

Comments

  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    edited 12 July 2013 at 12:22PM
    Tommyh wrote: »
    They promised me the earth, but delivered very little.

    After being with the since November, and paying them £126 a month (because they were estimating my useage (which is my fault because I have to practically empty the cupboard under the stairs to read it)), I've now been told they've under estimated it to the tune of £236. Which, by my calculations, totals £1748 of Gas and Electric over the year. Now; this might make you think I live in a mansion (I wish), but I don't. I live in a modest 3 bedroom middle terrace house, with 3 kids and a wife. We don't often have the heating on, and just wear more clothes. But even if we did, it's still an extortionate amount of money.
    When I spoke to customer services yesterday, the lady suggested I was silly swapping companies because they have some of the lowest prices around.
    I'm not looking for advice, just want to rant and warn people off from using them. Shocking prices and not the best customer services of all time either.

    Why did you choose SP last November? :huh:

    My suggestion is that you should input your latest anticipated annual, consumption figures in kWh into a comparison site and see what is the best deal for you.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.