We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Choosing a Tariff
I am looking for a new gas and energy supplier so rang the energy helpline as a I was interested in the Swalec 2 year Capped Price Plan. I was steered away from that by the representative to the Scottish Power Fixed Price March 2015 plan but am now wondering if I've been given the correct information.
The Capped 2 year Plan with Swalec has a standing charge for both gas and electricity of £60.02p the unit price of gas is 4.295 and electricity is 14.112, but Scottish Power's standing charge is a massive £126.01 with the unit price of gas 4.104 and electricity 14.195.
Is Scottish Power cheaper because of other different discounts available within the package or should I have stuck with my original choice and not been swayed to change my mind by the representative.
Help would be appreciated as I am hopeless at maths.
The Capped 2 year Plan with Swalec has a standing charge for both gas and electricity of £60.02p the unit price of gas is 4.295 and electricity is 14.112, but Scottish Power's standing charge is a massive £126.01 with the unit price of gas 4.104 and electricity 14.195.
Is Scottish Power cheaper because of other different discounts available within the package or should I have stuck with my original choice and not been swayed to change my mind by the representative.
Help would be appreciated as I am hopeless at maths.
0
Comments
-
Go to a switching site - for example - http://uswitch.com/ - there are many, many others.
Enter your current usage and plan. Hit compare.
Yes, they take into account all of the discounts and other things.
It's of course possible you've had bad advice - but check the above and it'll tell you.0 -
I am looking for a new gas and energy supplier so rang the energy helpline as a I was interested in the Swalec 2 year Capped Price Plan. I was steered away from that by the representative to the Scottish Power Fixed Price March 2015 plan but am now wondering if I've been given the correct information.
The Capped 2 year Plan with Swalec has a standing charge for both gas and electricity of £60.02p the unit price of gas is 4.295 and electricity is 14.112, but Scottish Power's standing charge is a massive £126.01 with the unit price of gas 4.104 and electricity 14.195.
Is Scottish Power cheaper because of other different discounts available within the package or should I have stuck with my original choice and not been swayed to change my mind by the representative.
Help would be appreciated as I am hopeless at maths.
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/you-switch-gas-electricity
0 -
Forget u/c's and standing charges (and the required maths). There are too many other variables that affect the actual annual costs. Just hit any comp site with your annual kWh usage. It takes less than two minutes.No free lunch, and no free laptop
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards