We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Prepayment in credit
spartacusthe1st
Posts: 441 Forumite
in Energy
I have a prepayment for both elec and gas.
Just got my bill online and my elec is £50.40 in credit and gas is £84.13 both in credit.
How can this be?
I use a plastic key and a card to top up both my metres at paypoints
Just got my bill online and my elec is £50.40 in credit and gas is £84.13 both in credit.
How can this be?
I use a plastic key and a card to top up both my metres at paypoints
ADVISE-"I advise you get help"
ADVICE-"I have some advice for you"
THEIR
THEY'RE
THERE
ADVICE-"I have some advice for you"
THEIR
THEY'RE
THERE
0
Comments
-
There could be a few ways.
The simplest is that you have credit unused on the meters.
It could be that the read used in the bill is older than the most recent payments.
For example, if you top up £20 on 1 June, take the card home and put it in your meter. The credit goes from the card to the meter, and a reading goes the other way.
A week later you go back and top up £20 again. The reading from 1 June goes from the card to the system.
The supplier gets that read, but since that read you have topped up (and maybe used) £40.
It is likely that both happens (i.e. that when you top up the meter hasn't run out).
Check the date of the last read, and the date of the last payments on the bill.0 -
Thanks swanjonADVISE-"I advise you get help"
ADVICE-"I have some advice for you"
THEIR
THEY'RE
THERE0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards