grocery challenge...Budget £420

Wk 1 £27.10
    Wk 2 £78.06
    Wk 3 £163.06
    Wk 4
  • MsChazzer
    MsChazzer Posts: 701 Forumite
    Options
    I'm afraid this isn't much help but I'm another 1977 baby, I have a jubilee souvenir mug made by the local pottery where I was born (Orkney) and some first day covers my granny sent me, they're pretty good if you can get hold of them.
    Got married 23rd May 2009, many thanks to all on the Weddings and Anniversaries board for their help and support!
  • seashore321
    seashore321 Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    Options
    What month was he born in cos' there are bound to be loads of papers doing memorials to Elvis etc and if they are you could use those for wrapping paper (I think he died in August). Go into charity shops and look for 1970's stuff. Also if you have sky they are rerunning The likely lads, Man about the house etc on UKTv Gold and the Paramount comedy channel. so tape those(obviously for private use only not for resale etc etc.) Find some seventies clothes they are all the rage at the moment (TOP SHOP and others are doing good copies cheap and dress up in them!!
  • Welshlassie
    Welshlassie Posts: 1,731 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What month was he born in cos' there are bound to be loads of papers doing memorials to Elvis etc and if they are you could use those for wrapping paper (I think he died in August). Go into charity shops and look for 1970's stuff. Also if you have sky they are rerunning The likely lads, Man about the house etc on UKTv Gold and the Paramount comedy channel. so tape those(obviously for private use only not for resale etc etc.) Find some seventies clothes they are all the rage at the moment (TOP SHOP and others are doing good copies cheap and dress up in them!!

Thanks for your suggestions, unfortunately its his birthday next week so will miss the Elvis memorials. We don't have Sky, but I will go round the charity shops.

I love the 70's clothes idea, unfortunately I would struggle to fit into any of the clothes from that era normally, never mind at the moment when I'm 8 months pregnant. Have had enough problems trying to find normal maternity clothes, doubt there would be many 70's maternity clothes floating around, although if anyone finds any in a 14-16 please let me know. :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure