We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Smart Parking Ticket in Asda?

GrantHart
GrantHart Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 11 July 2013 at 6:02PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
I've read through posts and don't seem to see one as unique as mine.

In April I parked in Asda in Scotland(Outwith a Parking Bay unbeknown to me at the time) and received a Ticket. I spoke to the inspector who told me to write to Manager of Asda. I did this including photo of where I was parked and ticket to show I had purchased one. He said he was not responsible and the work was outsourced.

I then sent the photo of my car at edge of end bay and copy of Ticket to Smart parking. They have refused to overturn decision stating I was parked dangerously. If I was parked dangerously why wasn't my car towed away as giving me a fine did not make it any allegedly less dangerous? There were plenty of free spaces in car park. I had reversed into the end of a bay unknowingly.

I have been receiving letters which I have ignored and the one that come today stated that I had had my final chance to pay, and they may take me to court and I could be issued with a CCJ.

What should I do next? Will they take me to court due to where I parked despite having a ticket? Could I end up with a CCJ.

Am a bit worried and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Grant

Comments

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,805 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 11 July 2013 at 7:07PM
    ''inspector'' = LOL! You took the Smart Parking minimum-wage goon seriously.

    You have totally and utterly wasted your time, sorry! In Scotland there is no appeal worth trying and there is no registered keeper liability either. And yet by 'appealing' you've no doubt named yourself as the driver and fallen straight into their trap; they didn't know who the driver was (name and address) until you...'appealed'.

    IGNORE THEM AS YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE AT THE OUTSET. NEXT TIME DON'T TAKE THE BAIT - AND LOOK UP THE LEGITIMACY OF SUCH 'TICKETS' FIRST.

    http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=78495


    SCAM. IGNORE.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Take you to court ? CCJ ? What in Scotland ? Pmsl ! I'm sorry but they can't even get right that the English/Welsh court system doesn't apply north of the border. Truly this lot are a joke, they are even based in Scotland for gods sake and they can't get that right
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    The_Slithy_Tove Posts: 4,110 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    As C-M has said, your goof was to have appealed. Ignoring all the way is the recommended approach in Scotland. Just ignore from now on.

    But it's worth going back to Asda, and seeing this manager in person. Does he really think that outsourcing a service abrogates him from all responsibility? It seems to be the modern disease of passing the buck to one's contractors. If they outsources their store cleaning to a contractor, would they take the same attitude if you moaned about the cleanliness of the store? I think not. TELL him that outsourcing does not allow him to wash his hands of HIS responsibilities, and they HE must get the charge cancelled, or you will be letting the local papers know about his shameful behaviour.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.