We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
EDF Switch - advice please
Hi,
Hoping for some advice regarding switch to EDF from Scottish Power.
I used the cheap energy club to switch to EDF Energy Blue +Price Feb 2015 on 21st June and received a confirmation email from Cheap Energy club.
Since this date I have heard nothing from EDF to confirm they are going to switch my energy. I am aware the actual switch can take sometime but I would have thought I would receive some kind of confirmation from them.
Looking at the FAQ's on cheap energy club it suggests not to call the energy supplier as the customer service teams often don't have switching information to hand. So I emailed the cheap energy club instead, who simply advised they cannot even look at this until 8 weeks has past since the swtich was requested.
In the mean time I have been moved to standard prices by Scottish Power.
Should I be concerned or can anyone advise if this is normal for EDF not to send an email/letter to confirm the switch will take place?
Many Thanks
Hoping for some advice regarding switch to EDF from Scottish Power.
I used the cheap energy club to switch to EDF Energy Blue +Price Feb 2015 on 21st June and received a confirmation email from Cheap Energy club.
Since this date I have heard nothing from EDF to confirm they are going to switch my energy. I am aware the actual switch can take sometime but I would have thought I would receive some kind of confirmation from them.
Looking at the FAQ's on cheap energy club it suggests not to call the energy supplier as the customer service teams often don't have switching information to hand. So I emailed the cheap energy club instead, who simply advised they cannot even look at this until 8 weeks has past since the swtich was requested.
In the mean time I have been moved to standard prices by Scottish Power.
Should I be concerned or can anyone advise if this is normal for EDF not to send an email/letter to confirm the switch will take place?
Many Thanks
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards