Reclaiming Bank Charges from Santander.

Options
I have the letter written and printed out and my list of charges. But I was wondering if anyone could help as to where I send it to? Is it my local branch or do I send to head office or somewhere else?!

Thank in advance for your help
x
Been married since 14th September 2013 <3

Comments

• jacques_chirac
    jacques_chirac Posts: 2,825 Forumite
    Options
    Are you aware that most bank charges were found to be fair? Are you claiming under the financial hardship provision?
  • Gemma3108
    Gemma3108 Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    Are you aware that most bank charges were found to be fair? Are you claiming under the financial hardship provision?

Yes I am. x
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You send it to the customer relations department of the bank. Make sure you include a budget breakdown (ingoings and outgoings) along with details of the arrears and defaults you have at the moment and do not under any circumstances make reference to the charges being unfair or disproportionate. Make sure you state you are asking for a refund under financial hardship criteria.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Gemma3108
    Options
    I have taken the letter off here and readjusted it. I do not use the bank anymore but it is open. It think there is about £1 in it at the moment.
  • Gemma3108
    Options
    I cannot find the address for the Customer Relations Department.. x
  • Gemma3108
    Options
    Would it be the customer services?
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Options
    Gemma3108 wrote: »
    I have taken the letter off here and readjusted it. I do not use the bank anymore but it is open. It think there is about £1 in it at the moment.
    Then I'm afraid there is little chance of success in reclaiming charges.

Reclaiming under financial hardship only usually applies to your main account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure