Reclaiming Bank Charges from Santander.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
7 replies 1.1K views
Gemma3108Gemma3108 Forumite
88 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
I have the letter written and printed out and my list of charges. But I was wondering if anyone could help as to where I send it to? Is it my local branch or do I send to head office or somewhere else?!

Thank in advance for your help
x
Been married since 14th September 2013 <3

Replies

• Are you aware that most bank charges were found to be fair? Are you claiming under the financial hardship provision?
  • Gemma3108Gemma3108 Forumite
    88 Posts
    Are you aware that most bank charges were found to be fair? Are you claiming under the financial hardship provision?

Yes I am. x
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You send it to the customer relations department of the bank. Make sure you include a budget breakdown (ingoings and outgoings) along with details of the arrears and defaults you have at the moment and do not under any circumstances make reference to the charges being unfair or disproportionate. Make sure you state you are asking for a refund under financial hardship criteria.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    88 Posts
    I have taken the letter off here and readjusted it. I do not use the bank anymore but it is open. It think there is about £1 in it at the moment.
    88 Posts
    I cannot find the address for the Customer Relations Department.. x
    88 Posts
    Would it be the customer services?
  • WywthWywth Forumite
    5.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gemma3108 wrote: »
    I have taken the letter off here and readjusted it. I do not use the bank anymore but it is open. It think there is about £1 in it at the moment.
    Then I'm afraid there is little chance of success in reclaiming charges.

Reclaiming under financial hardship only usually applies to your main account.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals