🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Asda cashback credit card 1% at Asda, 0.5% everywhere else

Options
What do you make of this?

I currently have 2 cards with £500 limits and have got rejected the last 3 times for other cards. Just applied for the Asda credit card, and got accepted with a limit of £3000 :eek::rotfl:

Comments

• rabbit_burrow
    rabbit_burrow Posts: 293 Forumite
    Options
    LOL.

When was the last time you got rejected? Were the last 3 rejections close together?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,105 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    rejected january, april and june.

for similar cards (amazon cashback card, santander 123, and capital one 0.5% cashback)

was waiting for the decision online 99.9% expecting it was going to say sorry, we can't approve your application this time, and then it showed accepted, we will send out card.... credit limit £3000. I laughed out loud
  • Maestro.
    Maestro. Posts: 1,518 Forumite
    Options
    Sometimes you just get lucky. I only held a Vanquis card for about 7 months before I managed to get mainstream credit. My only problem now is graduating to cashback/rewards cards, which seem to demand extraordinarily good credit and lots of history.
    Oh, you wee bazza!
  • rabbit_burrow
    rabbit_burrow Posts: 293 Forumite
    Options
    That's pretty good to get accepted a month after the rejection :) Enjoy your rewards!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport