No real measure of the savings...

Options
Okay, so I've made £20 on Pigsback and had probably £10 of freebies I would not otherwise have had but the true "saving" has been in helping me realise that I need to take direction of my money and make that work for me.

Before finding MSE I was content to spend my way through the month, save the rest in a normal account and let the rest take care of itself but since reading the stories here and realising that if I put my mind to it I could be somewhere and could afford a place of my own I've taken control and live by the Money Mantras when spending and have a portfolio (albeit a small one) of high interest savings including an ISA I never thought I would have.

I'm a long way from my goal of buying a house but before MSE I didn't have any goals and now I have something to plan and save for and a support system that gives me the motivation to do it :D
Mortgage Free since January 2018!

Comments

• McSaver
    McSaver Posts: 609 Forumite
    Options
    Its not a lot you have made from the cashback sites but it does add up over time. As with the whole point of saving money, It seems like you have the right idea since you found MSE, instead of spending (and possibly wasting) your hard earned cash, you deciding to give yourself an aim and setting yourself in the right direction. I switched current accounts and got myself a very useful cashback of £50 as well, I wouldnt of got that if i never bothered. The main point of MSE is to try and make the very best of your cash right down to your last penny and perhaps earn you a few quid more than you did before.

I have a similar financial picture to what you have, trying to save a few quid on a low income.
    Had £80,000 in Savings - All GONE!!! BYE BYE
    :A Single, 27, Aspie, Gooner :A
  • Elliesmum
    Elliesmum Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jezebel wrote: »
    Okay, so I've made £20 on Pigsback and had probably £10 of freebies I would not otherwise have had but the true "saving" has been in helping me realise that I need to take direction of my money and make that work for me.

Before finding MSE I was content to spend my way through the month, save the rest in a normal account and let the rest take care of itself but since reading the stories here and realising that if I put my mind to it I could be somewhere and could afford a place of my own I've taken control and live by the Money Mantras when spending and have a portfolio (albeit a small one) of high interest savings including an ISA I never thought I would have.

I'm a long way from my goal of buying a house but before MSE I didn't have any goals and now I have something to plan and save for and a support system that gives me the motivation to do it :D

Keep going Jezebel you're on the right track......:A

EM xx
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato ;) Make £2018 in 2018 no. 37 - total = £1626.25/£2018 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport