Agreement to pay.. Please help!

Options
Hiya
I wondered if anyone could offer some advice on something I'm trying to sort with Santander.

Basically in 2009 I was about 4 days overdue making my minimum payment of £5 on my Santander credit card, an agent rang me and I apologised and informed them I'd make the payment asap. My interest rates didn't change and my account carried on as normal.

Only recently I've been declined a new credit card because of an agreement to pay that has been added to my account for that month.

I can understand it was a late payment, but from the definitions I can see online, an agreement to pay is where interest rates are lowered and an agreement is made to pay off debt in a certain amount of time. I see its adverse credit which is badly affecting my credit file.

I'm not sure this is fair and on complaining to Santander they have told me basically, tough!

Do you think it's worth me going to the FOS, as it seems quite unfair to me, especially as in the same month I have a letter from them offering me 0% on balance transfers!

Any advice would be great as Im not sure what to do
thanks
Lauren

Comments

• rabbit_burrow
    rabbit_burrow Posts: 293 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know how it affects the way creditors see you tbh.

My mortgage shows on Equifax as 'agreement to pay' every month since mid 2009, but Experian have it as paid each month (a bunch of 0's and showing the balance reducing).

I didn't realise it was an issue, but I will ask Equifax about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure