We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Save £££'s on holiday TV rental -top tip!

Back in May I was on holiday in mallorca, the hotel advertised that each room had a tv. However I had to pay 20 euros to rent a remote control to get the tv to work, in addition I had to pay a 15 euro deposit!

I have just got back from another trip to mallorca (different hotel but they still wanted 14 euros + 15 euro deposit for a remote control to get the tv to work.)

Heres the good bit! After falling into the trap last time, I bought a universal remote control from the local pound shop before my recent trip! hey, it worked perfectly! The remote I bought was not much bigger than a key ring so no issues with weight.

I hope this helps, its not much of a saving but it saved me the price of a decent meal out with drinks!

(and no, I don't go on holiday to watch TV but its nice to catch up on the odd bit of news and weather and my favourite programmes!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.