PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Old clothes...what to do?

Options
Me and the OH have had a drawer clean out and found loads of old clothes (well, I say old...some we'd never worn and are now a bit too *ahem* big for) and he put them all into a bin liner to chuck out. I feel terrible about this!

They're all types of materials and all non matching so I don't really want to make any cushions etc!

I could give them to the charity shop (I have some brand new shoes too...) but if any of you lot want them I'd be happy to post them out!

Comments

• sarah_2-2
    sarah_2-2 Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Kate. I've just recently got a sewing machine but havent been brave enough to use it yet... my plan for the summer is to get a bit experimental and I've got a few old clothes to try and customise/adjust/make new clothes from :eek: but am always on the look out for more! How much do you think it'd cost to send them...? Knowing me I'll prob just end up collecting stuff and never get round to using any of it, but at least if I've got it there I've got the option :rolleyes: PM me if you want! Thanks x
  • scubaleopard
    scubaleopard Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    Take tehm to the charity shop-- that will do some cause sone good
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    why not offer on your local freecycle? I was lucky enough to get a huge bag of fabric samples for my patchwork and rag rugs a few weeks ago.
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • chika
    chika Posts: 848 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If they are decent you coupld pop them on ebay and then use the money you make to buy some new clothes. Most of my old clothes are recycled in this way!
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, only a few will catch your heart. Pursue those.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport