We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Npower ditching Spreading Warmth Tariff
frames1_uk
Posts: 710 Forumite
in Energy
I just had a letter from NPower saying this tariff comes to an end on 19th August and my account will be transferred to the standard variable tariff.
They have a new scheme called Warm Home Discount, but I don't qualify as no JSA or income support, just tax credits.
I called them to enquire as was advised that the standard tariff of
standing charge of 10.9p and unit rate of 15.53p (inclusive of VAT) was the best rate for me.
Haven't changed suppliers for many many years, so wondering where the best place to start is, for comparisons.
Thanks
They have a new scheme called Warm Home Discount, but I don't qualify as no JSA or income support, just tax credits.
I called them to enquire as was advised that the standard tariff of
standing charge of 10.9p and unit rate of 15.53p (inclusive of VAT) was the best rate for me.
Haven't changed suppliers for many many years, so wondering where the best place to start is, for comparisons.
Thanks
0
Comments
-
I've just had one of those letters too and am not eligible for the new scheme, so I joined MSE's Cheap Energy Club (www moneysavingexpert.com/ cheapenergyclub), filled in the details from my npower account webpage - remembering to select 'standard' as the tariff rather than 'spreading warmth', because you want to look at a forecast comparison, not an historical one, in order to get the best deal. My best looks like Scottish Power variable online 22, simply because when you add the cashback to projected savings it comes out cheaper than Flow Energy ThamesTariff (which was the top pick).
Hope that helps.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards