We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Great Jewellery at even greater prices
shami
Posts: 57
Forumite
Having just made a purchase from Jewellery Catalogue http://www.jewellerycatalogue.co.uk/index.php, I just had to let fellow MSEers know of this brilliant website!
OH has just bought me a diamond ring as a late birthday present (late cos in true MSE style I preferred to choose a ring at leisure within MY budget rather than OH's extravagant 'put it on the card' limit!).
After a brief look on the high street and a thorough read through all diamond-related posts on here and HUKD, I decided the best value for money options were to:
1) go abroad to e.g. Antwerp/Amsterdam/New York etc.
2) go to the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham, Hatton Gardens, etc.
3) shop online.
I didn't want a massive rock, just a dainty little solitaire or cluster that I could wear all the time. So travelling to even Brum wasn't really worth my while. After a thorough search on the 'net, including established diamond traders on eBay and especially websites mentioned on here and HUKD, I settled on the Jewellery Catalogue.
The company is based in Lancashire and I believe sells online only (other than to retailer that is). They sell gold and diamond jewellery, loose certificated diamonds and also vintage/antique jewellery.
To say that the service that Jewellery Catalogue provided was faultless would be an understatement. I'm very picky (not to mention tight!) and not only did I want the diamond to be of a certain clarity/colour) (SI1/H), but I also wanted it set in 18ct yellow gold rather than the advertised white gold. I wanted all of this at no extra cost too!
Customer services were always professional and prompt in their replies to our dozens of queries. In addition the company has an SMS service so that you receive texts when the order is accepted and when it has been completed and dispatched.
As well as receiving a certificate for my diamond - it is 0.25 emerald cut SI1 F - all jewellery purchases include a valuation certificate too. In my case an added bonus was getting an F colour with no increase in the price!!
A special thanks to Pam, a lovely lady who was always friendly and helpful – a great asset to her company!
OH has just bought me a diamond ring as a late birthday present (late cos in true MSE style I preferred to choose a ring at leisure within MY budget rather than OH's extravagant 'put it on the card' limit!).
After a brief look on the high street and a thorough read through all diamond-related posts on here and HUKD, I decided the best value for money options were to:
1) go abroad to e.g. Antwerp/Amsterdam/New York etc.
2) go to the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham, Hatton Gardens, etc.
3) shop online.
I didn't want a massive rock, just a dainty little solitaire or cluster that I could wear all the time. So travelling to even Brum wasn't really worth my while. After a thorough search on the 'net, including established diamond traders on eBay and especially websites mentioned on here and HUKD, I settled on the Jewellery Catalogue.
The company is based in Lancashire and I believe sells online only (other than to retailer that is). They sell gold and diamond jewellery, loose certificated diamonds and also vintage/antique jewellery.
To say that the service that Jewellery Catalogue provided was faultless would be an understatement. I'm very picky (not to mention tight!) and not only did I want the diamond to be of a certain clarity/colour) (SI1/H), but I also wanted it set in 18ct yellow gold rather than the advertised white gold. I wanted all of this at no extra cost too!
Customer services were always professional and prompt in their replies to our dozens of queries. In addition the company has an SMS service so that you receive texts when the order is accepted and when it has been completed and dispatched.
As well as receiving a certificate for my diamond - it is 0.25 emerald cut SI1 F - all jewellery purchases include a valuation certificate too. In my case an added bonus was getting an F colour with no increase in the price!!
A special thanks to Pam, a lovely lady who was always friendly and helpful – a great asset to her company!
0
Comments
-
Well done Pam. A big shout goes out to the Pam massive.0
-
Thank you for this - I will look at them myself as I am after a very specific stone for a ring myself!Sealed Pot Challenge Member Number #19060
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards