We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
First Utility - Still Waiting Credit Refund - Would not Switch to Them
I switched from First Utility to Ovo in the middle of April, First subsequently took 2 more Direct Debits (end of April + end of May) leaving me £140 in credit. I have chased them up on this & still haven't received my money... they tell me it will take up to 28 days...
I've now raised a formal complaint & quoted the Electricity Act that states that credit balances should be returned in a timely manner...
They seem pretty unconcerned about this...
If you are thinking of switching I would avoid First Utility, there customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
I've now raised a formal complaint & quoted the Electricity Act that states that credit balances should be returned in a timely manner...
They seem pretty unconcerned about this...
If you are thinking of switching I would avoid First Utility, there customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
0
Comments
-
Re the direct debits - contact your bank and inform them that the DDs were taken without authorisation and you wish to claim under the DD guarantee. The bank will refund your money and take the matter up with the company itself. The money will be back in your account in days.
Edit: at the risk of stating the obvious - remember to cancel the DD!I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.0 -
I switched from First Utility to Ovo in the middle of April, First subsequently took 2 more Direct Debits (end of April + end of May) leaving me £140 in credit. I have chased them up on this & still haven't received my money... they tell me it will take up to 28 days...
I've now raised a formal complaint & quoted the Electricity Act that states that credit balances should be returned in a timely manner...
They seem pretty unconcerned about this...
If you are thinking of switching I would avoid First Utility, there customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
Most suppliers will not refund until they have produced the final bill.
Perhaps they are still awaiting a final meter reading from your new supplier, Ovo?
Anyway, now you've raised a formal compliant, they will have 8 weeks to resolve, or you can escalate the matter to the energy Ombudsman.
FU complaints procedure is here:
http://www.first-utility.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/First-Utility-Complaints-Policy.pdf0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards