PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Any crafty people? Old leather bag

Options
I have a beautiful leather folio bag, a Radley. I have used it daily for five years and the lining is falling apart - unravelling, getting holes, ripped apart, and coming away from the bag. It's unusable.

But from the outside the bag still looks almost 100% gorgeous.

Any ideas about re-lining the bag? the internal zips are stitched into the outer leather I think. I have done a lot of sewing, but not with leather.

and I am too ashamed of the state of the lining to take it to a shop. :o
Old-styler, crafter and freebie junkie!
Frogga's Amazing Weight Loss Campaign: Member no.20 since 2/9/07 -- lost 10lb
:love:Wedding bells 04/10/08 :love:

Comments

• Mariel
    Mariel Posts: 624 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If it was me I'd just probably make a very amateurish new lining out of something funky and maybe glue it in. That's probably not much help though. Have you tried googling it?
  • paddy's_mum
    paddy's_mum Posts: 3,977 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Have you access to either an old fashioned cobbler's shop or alternatively a saddler? Either one is well used to repairing things other than leather. Saddlers in particular regularly repair horse rugs which are often made of a polypropylene fabric and may well salvage your much-loved bag for you.
  • wendym
    wendym Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    Options
    You could contact Radley and ask what/who they recommend. Make a fuss about it being your favourite bag and not wanting to bodge it - they just may offer a repair service.
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,201 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    i agree wholeheartedly with wendy. radley bags dont come cheap, and the fact that you've used it so much shows how much you must like the bag. in my eyes, its worth shelling out a few quid so that you can get continued pleasure out of it
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills